• You can apply for a Canadian student visa or study permit if you have been accepted by a Canadian high school, university, community college, Christian college, career college, graduate school or online program.

  • You must prove that you can pay all of your expenses, including return transportation for yourself and any family members who accompany you.

  • You must be in good health and willing to complete a medical examination.

  • You must be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record, and must not pose a risk to Canadian security.

  • Finally, you must satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada when your studies are complete.

  • If the student is a minor by Canadian law, they must either be accompanied by a parent or guardian or they must be cared for by a responsible adult in Canada. This adult is known as a custodian. A custodian has legal permission to act in place of a parent. This requires two notarized documents: one signed by the parents or guardians in the student's home country, and the other by the custodian in Canada.