· Bachelor of Hotel and Resort Management (BHRM)
· Bachelor of Commerce (BCom)
· Bachelor of Hospitality Management (BHM)
· Bachelor of Tourism Management (BTM)
· Bachelor of Arts (BA) in International Hotel Management
· Bachelor of Business in Tourism and Hospitality (BBTH)
· Bachelor of Applied Business (BAB)
· Bachelor of Applied Management (BAM)
· Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS)
· Applied Degree in Culinary Operations

Program Length
· 4 years or 2 + 2 years for bachelor's and applied degree
· 2-3 years for diploma
· 12 - 52 weeks for certificate

· Bachelor's or applied degree - direct entry; entry after 1 or 2 years of certificate or diploma study
· Diploma/ certificate - direct entry

Areas of Study
· Travel, tourism, hospitality, culinary arts
· Specializations include international travel, food administration/ management, hotel and lodging management, hospitality and tourism administration/ management, tourism and travel management, travel counselling, tour operation, culinary or restaurant management, natural foods, region-specific cooking, flight attendant preparation, convention management, hotel operations, cuisine, pastry and breads, adventure tourism, ecotourism, Aboriginal tourism, and cruise hospitality.

Special Features
· co-op
· international exchange/ study abroad
· industry internships

Just as there are many countries to visit and many ways to bake a cake, so there are many Canadian university undergraduate degree options for international students in culinary, travel and hospitality. If you are business-minded, you may consider a Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) in Tourism Management/ Marketing or Hotel & Food Administration, a Bachelor of Applied Business (BAB) in Hospitality Operations Management, or Bachelor of Business in Tourism and Hospitality (BBTH). Other degree possibilities include the Bachelor of Applied Management (BAM) in Tourism or Golf Management, Bachelor of Hotel and Resort Management (BHRM), Bachelor of Hospitality Management (BHM), Bachelor of Tourism Management (BTM), Bachelor of Arts (BA) in International Hotel Management, Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) in Hospitality Administration, and Applied degrees in Culinary Operations.

To find the program that fits your career goals, you may have to explore various university Faculties and departments. Some examples are Department of Recreation and Tourism Management, Faculty/ School of Hospitality and Tourism, Faculty/ School of Business, Faculty of Arts. While closely related in terms of industry interconnection, chef schools are often separate from hospitality and tourism departments.

While some universities in Canada offer 4-year direct-entry degrees, others offer what's known as 2 + 2s: that is, they require two years of post-secondary study in hospitality (a diploma/ certificate program) and then the degree is completed in the additional two years. These degree programs may be available through transfer credit agreements with other universities.

Culinary arts and the various aspects of travel and hospitality are subjects that can't just be taught from a textbook. Therefore, most programs offer hands-on training and practical experience. In these fields, which involve specialized skills and interpersonal abilities, learning by doing is the most common model.

There is also a wide range of community and career college 1- to 2-year diploma and certificate programs in various culinary, travel and hospitality fields and specializations. International students can choose from apprentice, certificate, diploma and post-diploma programs. While there are specialty community and career colleges in Canada focusing only on culinary, travel and hospitality programs, many other colleges with multi-discipline offerings also include tourism and hospitality programs and may even have specific hospitality departments. Within culinary arts, you can take specific certificates in baking, French or other regional cuisine (such as Italian), natural foods cooking, pastry arts and culinary management. Travel and hospitality programs cover flight attendant preparation, event and convention management, hotel operations, travel counselling, tour operation, and various specific kinds of tourism, such as adventure, cruise, ecotourism or Aboriginal tourism. Many of these certificates and diplomas can be used to qualify for entry into university degree programs in travel and hospitality.

As with Canada's university programs, most community college and career college programs in this field offer hands-on training and practical experience designed to lead to particular employment opportunities. Industry internship and/or travel abroad are often part of the curriculum.