DRAKE MEDOX COLLEGE
Mission Statement:To provide health care education that prepares graduates to find, qualify for, and accept work in the current and future community based healthcar and community support systems.
At DMTDC we commit to:
- Instruct the clinical, practical and theoretical skills required to provide community-based healthcare and/or community support throughout the applicable program course modules
- Develop and offer flexible program schedules to accommodate as many students as possible
- Provide instruction throughout the course modules utilizing instructors with current community based healthcare and/or community support experience as applicable to the program offering.
- Provide practical experience during the program that allows students to practice and develop their skills to support and/or care for clients in different settings
- Evaluate our programs following the completion of each graduating class to identify what improvements can be made for future classes
- Conduct a semi-annual review of community based healthcare and community support services such as home support, group homes, day programs and facility care to ensure our curriculum will cover the skills and knowledge needed for current service delivery.
Our mission is to design programs to produce graduates able to provide efficient and thorough health support and/or community support to a diverse range of multi-ethnic clients. The student is the ultimate focus and beneficiary of our activities. We dedicate ourselves to providing quality instruction and teaching materials and to improving on our program content on an on-going basis. Our aim is to achieve this through the quality of our teaching, research and practice. Our programs are based on a caring philosophy providing students with the skills and knowledge to function as care providers in community based support work and/or healthcare.