Canadian School Programs
Study in Canada Home Study in Canada Sitemap Study in Canada Programs
Study in Canada
Canadian School Programs
grad schools
Do I need a study permit to study in Canada?
Yes, if you intend to study for longer than six months.

What do I need to apply for a Canadian study permit?
To start, you will need a letter of acceptance from a Canadian educational institution. Once you have your letter of acceptance, you can follow our step-by-step guide to the application process.

When should I apply for my study permit?
You should apply as soon as you have the letter of acceptance from your educational institution. The time needed to process applications may vary depending on the visa office. You should allow as much processing time as you can.

How do I know if I need a temporary resident visa or a medical examination to study in Canada?
If you are coming from a country that requires a temporary resident visa as well as a study permit, the visa officer will process both at the same time: you will not need to fill out another form.

You will need a medical examination if you are coming from a designated country, or if you will be studying or working in a school, hospital, daycare centre or other facility where it is important to protect public health. Your local visa office will be able to tell you if you need the exam, and the closest designated medical doctor who can perform it.

What happens if I lose my study permit?
You can get a replacement by contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). You will need to pay a fee and fill out an application.

I am already in Canada and have a valid study permit. I would like to change my school or program of studies. What do I need to do to modify my study permit?
If you are a student at the primary school level and you are moving on to high school or if you are a high school student and you are moving on to post-secondary studies, you need to submit an application to modify your study permit at the Citizenship and Immigration Canada Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta. Consult their website for more.

If you are enrolled in a post-secondary program (doing studies after the high school level), you may change your school, level, program and field of study without applying for a new study permit.

Can I return home or travel outside of Canada during my studies?
If you are from a designated country and you travel out of Canada, you will need a multiple-entry visa to re-enter Canada. If you have only a single-entry visa or if your temporary resident visa expired, you will have to reapply.

To re-enter Canada, you will need a valid passport and travel documents, a valid study permit, and possibly a valid temporary resident visa if you are from a designated country.

Can I work while studying?
You may be able to work either part or full time during your studies, depending on the employer and the permit you are able to secure. See our section on Studying and Working in Canada for more details.

Can I travel to the US?
Travel to the US is done on your own passport, and your Canadian study permit does not grant any particular immigration rights to the US. It will, however, permit your re-entry to Canada from the US.
Study in Canada
Schools in CanadaQuick Links
Study in Canada
Student Visas to Canada
College Programs
  College Programs Before You Apply
  College Programs Who Can Apply
  College Programs How To Apply
  College Programs After Applying
  College Programs Medical Examination Requirements
  College Programs Visa Offices In Canada
  College Programs Visa Offices Outside Canada
  College Programs Canadian Embassies And High Commissions
  College Programs Working As An International Student
  College Programs Extending Your Stay
  College Programs Traveling To The US
  College Programs Common Questions About Student Visas To Canada
  College Programs Return to Main

Study in Canada
Schools in Canada In The Spotlight
Study in Canada

Schoolss in Canada
Greater Victoria School District #61
Victoria, British Columbia
Greater Victoria School District #61 The Greater Victoria School District’s Victoria International High School Programs offers high achieving students options to study all the way ...
Grad Schools and Programs
Study in Canada
Schools in Canada In the Spotlight
Study in Canada
Study in Canada
Schools in CanadaVirtual Tours
Study in Canada
Grad Schools USA
Take a Virtual Tour of a featured Canadian School
Take a Tour Campus e-tours allow students to view the facilities and student life at featured Universities, Community Colleges and ESL Schools in Canada, giving you the opportunity to see what the schools looks like, as well as facts about the campus, courses, etc. Once you’ve completed your tour you can read the in-depth profile to get more detailed information, or click the Request FREE Info link to request specific information such as scholarships and financial aid directly from that institution.

Virtual Campus Click here to view Virtual Tours of Featured Schools in Canada

Study in Canada
Schools in CanadaRequest FREE Info!
Study in Canada
Grad Schools USA
Request FREE info directly from featured Schools.
Featured institutions want to send you more information on their programs.
Click here to receive free information directly from the school. To see a complete list of featured schools, click here.
Note: Your request is sent directly to the institution and is not maintained on this website. Your privacy is completely protected.
Schools in Canada Schools in Canada Schools in Canada
Canadian Schools and Programs
Canadian Schools and Programs
Copyright © 1998-2015 BCN Communications Inc.
Canadian Schools and Programs

Canadian Schools and Programs
Canadian Schools and Programs
Canadian  Schools and Programs